The Road Traffic Management Corporation (RTMC) has announced that applications are open for its trainee traffic officer program.
The successful candidates will be required to undergo a training program that runs for a period of three years. The training program will take place in Gauteng Province or any other suitable training venue identified by the RTMC. Accommodation, meals, study material, and stipends will be provided to successful candidates.
“Candidates must be prepared to learn about all related fields and information concerning traffic law enforcement and road safety. These will include attending classes as well as field-related training,” the RTMC said.
The RTMC said the following requirements must be met for applications to be successful.
- A minimum qualification of a National Senior Certificate or National Certificate Vocational passed at Diploma adequate achievement i.e., level 4 (50% to 59%) and above. Candidates with a post-matric qualification will also be considered;
- Code B driving licence (manual transmission);
- No criminal record;
- South African citizenship;
- Completed prescribed medical form by a registered medical practitioner as proof that the candidate may do strenuous exercise;
- Must be under the age of 35 on the closing date of the advert.
Candidates are also required to note the following:
- Fitness assessments will be conducted during the recruitment process;
- Driving assessments will be conducted during the recruitment process;
- Qualification and criminal record verifications will be conducted during the recruitment process;
- Medical assessments will be conducted prior to enrolment to the programme.
The closing date for applications is 24 April 2022. You can find out more about applying here.
Read: South Africa is seeing a major semigration shift – here’s where people are going